Home » Activities » Mount Agung Sunrise Trekking
Mount Agung Sunrise Trekking
There are Two different treks to clim mount Agung : one long trek to the higher western peak and one shorter trek to the southern peak. The long trek starts at 11:30pm at Pura Besakih and takes about 12 hours in total. For the shorter trek we start at 2am at Pura Pasar Agung, and the total climbing time is about seven to eight hours. We offer the shorter trek through Pura Pasar Agung, you will start climbing through the jungle and eventually hit steep rocky sections to reach the peak. At the top it can get quite cold and windy, but it will all be worth it when the sun starts to rise and turns the sky into a myriad of purple, red and orange hues. As the sun climbs higher in the sky, you will be able to gaze out at the entire island of Bali from above, as well as the neighbouring islands of Lombok and Nusa Penida.
Pasar Agung Itinerary
- Pick up Time: Pick-up at hotel, and transport directly to the starting point at Pasar Agung Temple.
- 01:30–01:45: Arrival at starting point, introduction and safety procedure briefing by our English-speaking tour guide.
- 01:45: Begin our climb to the summit and sunrise point.
- 06:00: Arrival at the summit where we witness the spectacular view and sunrise. While there we will enjoy hot drinks and light snacks.
- 07:30: Begin our descent to Pasar Agung Temple, the finishing point of our trek.
- 11:00–11:15: Arrival at Pasar Agung Temple and boarding car/mini-bus and back to hotel
*Approximate climbing time is 7 – 8 hours.
Pick up time :
Kuta , Nusa Dua , Sanur at 8.30-9.00 pm
Ubud at 9.30-10.00 pm
Mount Agung Sunrise Trekking Price USD $80 per person, (minimum 2 people)
Price inclusive :
- Hotel pick up and transfer with English speaking driver .
- Local professional trekking guide .
- Entrance fee to the Village.
- Mineral water